The Wee Barn holiday house provides self-catered accommodation for visitors to Scotland. It has been in the current owner’s family since 1850 (6 generations), once a working barn for the village Blacksmith and great great grandfather of the owner, Willie Fergusson. The barn was converted into a cottage approximately 90 years ago, yet it still boasts the original features including an original beamed ceiling and a traditional Victorian ornamental fireplace in the bedroom. This self-catered holiday home has been carefully upgraded to the highest of standards, maintaining the traditional charm whilst also ensuring a comfortable stay for visitors. The cottage boasts a spacious lounge, large bedroom, modern, fully equipped kitchen and newly refurbished shower room . Traditional, yet cosy, this one bedroom barn conversion is the perfect size for a couple on vacation.
The Wee Barn benefits from a unique and highly desired location; it is one of only eight properties in the entire village where the garden runs all the way to the water's edge. There is a small private slipway where small boats or kayaks can be taken up to the garden from the shore and a mooring can be made available for small boats. Guests can enjoy undisturbed views of the stunning Tayvallich bay from the lounge's large gallery windows and sunny garden patio. Using binoculars, you may well spot an otter or seals sunbathing in the distance. The bedroom also enjoys views to the bay.
The Wee Barn is the perfect Scottish holiday rental for visitors wishing to explore the West coast of Scotland or simply enjoy the epic location of Tayvallich
- Lounge with TV with BT TV package, high speed BT Broadband and DVD player.
- Large bedroom, includes king sized bed, wardrobe, drawers.
- Dining kitchen with electric double oven, electric hob, washing machine, fridge freezer and microwave oven.
- Shower room with toilet & basin, electric towel rail and Hair dryer
- Large waterfront garden with private launch slip and outside dining furniture.
- Spacious off road parking for two vehicles, with access to the private slipway.
- Original York stone patio with garden furniture & barbecue.
- Mooring available for a small boat.
- Short term let licence AR00097F, EPC Band E.
- Gas powered central heating.
- We are happy to accommodate one well behaved pet (with a supplement)
- King sized Duvet & pillows are provided, but please bring your own bed linen and towels.
- All electricity and gas provided
- Strictly No Smoking or use of candles on the premises
- Victorian fireplace, ornamental only
Conservatory Overlooking Tayvallich Bay
Our Private Launching Slip
Ornamental Fire in the Bedroom
Tavallich village is situated approximately 12 miles (20 Km) from Lochgilphead, along the B8025.
Lochgilphead is in turn, approximately 100 miles (160 Km) from Glasgow.
The Wee barn is situated on the west side of the bay, 200 yards or so past the local shop/post office & Church and sits on the left hand side of the road
The Wee Barn
The mouth of Crinan Canal
Seals are common in the area.
Tayvallich Bay on a summers day.
Thank you for letting us stay at your great wee cottage. We had a lovely break, the weather was very kind we walked both days, down to Taynish House and also the beaver loch (no sightings), both lovely walks and still some good Autumn colours. We would like to come again sometime.
- Jennie and Brian Chrystal
Thanks for another lovely week. Saw an otter off the end of Taynish nature reserve on our last morning and had some stunning sunrises and sunsets. Back to work for a rest now!
- Wendy and Chris Knox
This delightful cottage and its beautiful environment will draw us back again I'm sure.
- Walter and Wilma Livingstone
On our honeymoon in one of the most beautiful places in the world, Weather has been fantastic. Seen deer, eagles,and regular evening visits from Mr Otter. Loved it. Thank you
- Bob and Rosalind
This cottage is fantastic, cant stop looking at the view. We are going home feeling very relaxed and rested.
- Bill and Helen McMurtrie
Contact us by phone, mail or email For all enquiries and booking information.
Mr W Fergusson
38 Camperdown Street
Mobile: + 44 (0)7831 697901
Click here to contact us by Email.( firstname.lastname@example.org )
All Content Copyright © 2023 Wee Barn Tayvallich. All Rights Reserved. Web Development by Freeze Media.